For your safety and peace of mind, all our therapists are quality checked and hold appropriate qualifications, professional indemnity insurance, accreditation with a professional body such as NCS / UKCP/ BACP, and up to date DBS (CRB) clearance.
Emeline Hanson MA,BA(Hons), Ad. Dip. PC
Integrative Adult & Child Psychotherapist
Founder and Director of Time to Heal
I am trained in using a variety of counselling approaches, including Person-centred, Psychodynamic, CBT, Object Relations, Attachment, Gestalt, Solution-focused and Transpersonal, to name a few. I have many years of experience working therapeutically with individual adults, couples, parents, children and young people in a variety of settings.
My therapeutic support over the past eight years has helped many individuals to overcome issues that had been having a negative impact on them, and to move forward in their lives.
My aim when working with you as a client, is to give you space and time to talk, and to empower and facilitate you to make the necessary changes to your life and your way of being, that will bring you peace and happiness.
I believe that we can all be the creators of our own life experiences if we want to be, and as such, in the therapy room how much or little progress takes place is within your control. The pace and content of each therapy session will be to suit you, so you need never feel pressured.
I generally work from a transpersonal and person-centred perspective, which means I work with you, the whole person, not just your presenting issues, in a respectful, non-judgemental way. I utilise a combination of therapeutic approaches and therapeutic skills, which I tailor to to meet your individual needs, helping you to explore your troubling issues, and discover exactly what you need to do to begin to overcome them. Tools I might use include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)techniques, guided visualisation, breathing and relaxation exercises, Emotional Freedom Tapping (EFT), Sand Tray or Therapeutic Art exercises, depending on your need and preference.
Over the years I have worked for various public, private and charitable organisations, the Local Authority, the NHS, adoption, special needs, drug and alcohol counselling services, primary and secondary schools in London and Essex, as well as organisational Employee Assistance Programmes.
Professional Development & Qualifications
- Master of Arts Degree in Transpersonal Child, Adolescent & Family Therapy
- Diploma in Sandtray Therapy
- Diploma in the Supervision of Individuals and Groups
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- DSM5 Diagnosis Workshops
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) Tapping – Levels 1-3
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Working with Emotional Abuse & Narcissism
- Working therapeutically using Art
- Treating Anxiety & Panic Disorder
Dwain Thorbourne Ad. Dip. PC
Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counsellor
Affiliate Counsellor of Time to Heal Ltd
As a professional and accredited member of the National Counselling Society, I adhere to strict safeguarding procedures and ethical guidelines, and offer safe, supportive and confidential counselling and psychotherapy to young people and adults. I am highly experienced with individual face-to-face counselling as well as groups and workshops.
I provide support and empathy to my clients, within a calm and supportive environment, and encourage client autonomy to build independence and resilience.
I have knowledge of different approaches such as Person-Centered, Psychodynamic, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, but tend to favour a Humanistic approach, which can be adapted to the needs of each individual.
Having worked with young people for more than seven years in inner-city school environments, I have an extremely good working knowledge of the UK government and school policy and procedures, for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
Working in some of the most deprived and impoverished boroughs of London, including those with high rates of crime, has given me a great deal of experience in counselling young people through severe traumatic episodes and volatile emotions.
Professional Development & Qualifications
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Attended workshop for ‘Gangsline’, organisation specialising in gang culture in deprived areas, working with the UK Criminal Justice System and probation services.
- Counsellor for ‘Teens and Toddlers’, partnered with the Centre for Analysis of Youth Transitions, Institute for Education, Institute for Fiscal Studies, and National Centre for Social Research, with funding from the UK Department for Education.
- School-based workshops and seminars: Knife Crime, Anger Management, Communication, Social Skills and Peer Pressure
- School-based Continuing Professional Development (CPD): Safeguarding Young People in Education, Classroom Behaviour Management, Radicalisation, Female Genital Mutilation.